My goal is to help nursing moms get the specialized assistance they need to be successful with breastfeeding, on their own terms. Every mom and baby are unique in their experience and I am looking forward to working with you to provide a customizable supportive approach that best fits you and your baby’s need.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I truly believe that every mom does the best she can with the information and support she has. I would feel privileged to be a part of your support system.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING AN INITIAL CONSULTATION?
- Initial consultations are typically between 1.5-2 hours long.
- A consent form will be explained and signed prior to the consultation.
- I perform a thorough health history and exam for both mom and baby as indicated for present challenges.
- A full feeding is observed and if it is deemed appropriate, the weight of the baby is taken on a specialized scale before and after the feeding to determine how much breast milk is transferred. I watch first! It’s helpful to learn each mother’s personal style before trying to fix/change anything.
- Questions and concerns are fully addressed.
- A mutually agreed upon plan of care is created and before I leave, a written plan is left with you which lets you have a concrete plan for overcoming your specific challenges
- An invoice/receipt is provided.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER MY INITIAL CONSULTATION?
- I will contact you within 48 hours to follow-up with your progress and answer any other questions you may have.
- I believe that follow-up and ongoing support is crucial to meeting your breastfeeding goals, therefore you may contact me anytime via email, phone or text with any concerns or questions following our initial consultation.
- If you still have significant concerns or are having further difficulties and would like a follow-up
consultation I can schedule another home visit. These follow-up consultations are usually 1 hour in length and are at a reduced fee.
I believe that lactation consulting should be accessible to all mothers who would like assistance with nursing their child and should not be out of reach to those without financial means. Payment arrangements can be made on an individual basis.